Monday, October 14, 2019

Airship part 2


I glued some styrene rails along the inside of the vac-form to register the box. I also added a bit of ribbed styrene sheet to the edge of the box to give it a little texture



On the back side of the box I start to block out some of the forms with some styrene shapes. These will be detailed with kit parts to suggest the engine. At this point, nothing is glued yet.


I cut two square holes and fit a couple of styrene boxes because I thought the surface needed to be broken up a bit. 


These were glued in and sanded flush.


Into these I ran some pipes bent up from .080" Evergreen rod. I'm also starting to add some kit parts to the engine area.



I added some panels and a couple of greebles to the from vacuum form. I also cut a rectangular hole on either side and built a shallow trays underneath that I could fill with some kit part details. 





To be continued...





No comments:

Post a Comment