Sunday, December 8, 2019

Nostromo Airlock part 3

I cut out and glued up the wall sections that make up the two sides of the room. These were cut from different thickness of plastic sheet and laminated together.

These were designed to fit into a simple frame that holds the panels at 45 deg.



I found a photo of the airlock set that showed some details that are hard to see in the film. I tried to bring some of these details into the model, specifically the row vents above the padding and the six cylindrical shapes behind the racks.


I had some 1:72 wheel hubs from a Zvezda Topol kit on hand that were pretty close.


I printed the vent structures and glued in some styrene spacers. I didn't sand these and let the layer lines provide some texture.



Here's one wall section completely clad.



To be continued...






No comments:

Post a Comment