Saturday, May 9, 2020

Ian McQue Inspired Flying Rig part 4

It’s been a while since I’ve last posted, apologies for that. I’ve been juggling a few projects and not been too focused on documenting them. I’ll be trying to catch you guys up soon.

Here I’ve added some more details to the lower half. The conduit is made from solid core wire meant for use with a solderless breadboard for electronics prototyping. It’s fixed in place with some super glue and small bits of aluminum tape.



For the front stabilizers, I had one of those kit bashing magic moments. After agonizing for a while about the design and how I would make them, I noticed the armor plates from an old Tamiya flak 38 kit that I had somehow overlooked in my spares bin. I quickly pulled some other parts from the stash and they all seemed to fit perfectly. They literally went together in a few minutes.



I probably should fill those ejector pin marks...





Here they are pressed in place (no glue). I may swap the left for the right, so they sit forward of the front of the vehicle. In any case, I won’t glue them on until all is painted, since they are quite vulnerable.





No comments:

Post a Comment